Sunday, October 11, 2009

** Attention All Producers! **

Sorry for the major LACK of update everybody, but I got a good explanation. I had to run out to Brooklyn, NY after that Portland/Seattle trip really quick for some Biz. It's my first time here in the city & it is pretty much AMAZING! I just barely ran into a friend of a friend out here who goes by "Cidida", and those of you that follow Freestyle Friday/106th & Park on BET may have already heard of him... Dude is str8 up KILLIN the freestyle scene. He went 5 weeks as champion, won that first heat, and is now waitin until March to start the next heat.

Anyway, while he's just chillin waitin for the heat he's gonna be workin on a tape/album and could use any & all DOPE Beats to mess with, maybe find some that will work for him. I know that alot of y'all are choppin up some proper stuff that you want to get heard in the right place's. I figure this would be a good opportunity to link two parties together, and maybe get somethin happenin! For real, anybody that is serious should send him some of your shit. BIG things are gonna be happenin in the future, so I figure this is a good time to link up early. It could be good for everybody. Anyway, I'm just gonna drop a couple of vids on here, and everybody should check 'em out, you'll see what's up. Hit him up with some tracks if you think you got somethin HOT. It could be good. Alright, I'm gonna have that MASSIVE update for everybody really soon, but I'm headed to San Francisco on Thursday for a PRETTY LIGHTS show!!! Fuck YEAH. So, I'll have that mixed into the BIG update too! Stay up everybody, hit up my man Cidida, get somethin happenin, & I'll be talkin to you again soon.

Here's his email, get @ him!>>: brent@wayaboveavro.com

& Here's his MySpace>>: Cidida - Space

This is WEEK 3, ROUND 1:



& Here is WEEK 4, ROUND 1:



And I JUST barely came across this... Someone that you ALL should be familiar with givin my man some hype. GHOSTFACE!!! Wait until the 3:22 mark... That's Legit.

** Weird, it's giving me problems with the HTML of the vid, it won't embed... Anyway, i'll try & have it up soon, I'm currently on the road. But for real, it's some definite GHOSTFACE HYPE. **

PEACE FAM!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

No doubt. Dude had some funny lines, but I'm not confident he'd be any good as an emcee. He literally shouts when he "raps". Being a talented freestyler doesn't always equate to talent as an emcee.

Let's look at a history of those who have been retired on BET's Freestyle Friday (from what I know of):

1. Posta Boy
2. Jin

Anybody heard about anything significant in their emceeing careers? Ironically, Skyzoo lost to Jin in a battle on the show, but dude's on the COME UP. He's worked with big names like 9th Wonder and DJ Premier (to name a few), and he's getting a lot of attention all over the globe. You be the judge about Cidida's future.

Anonymous said...

yo I just found out recently Skyzoo is BootCamp Clik Now.

nawledge said...

Word. Well like you said, we'll be the judge, and so far it looks like the judges are liking him!

Anonymous said...

hey girls i have soda bottle in my crotch area.

take care.

Anonymous said...

im gonna 'play on words' like a 'sock in my crotch' (area)..

haha i make myself wet.

Anonymous said...

would he like a beat with a repeated phrase 'squeeze me tease me' and a beat ripped straight from lil jon?

i can do that, preach!!

p.s. this sock is making my crotch itchy.


SHAZZAMA SON!

Anonymous said...

I eat MC's like a quarter pounder

take that son!!! take it!!! hahaha

this guy should produced for me!!

hahaha!!

@isrealdeep said...

Dudes decent I never judge anybody by freestyles being from the West Coast I only respect songs. If you can't write an album you never should have rapped in the first place. Still Cid's voice is ill and he wasn't talkin' that MDK nonsense.
In regard to the comment below Posta went through some serious shit and Jin has a worldwide fan base. What is "makin' noise" and who determines whether or not an MC makes it? I haven't listened to Skyzoo like that but he's talkin' some old regular mainstream nonse more power to him I turned off the radio a long time ago.
The game has changed we can no longer measure artists by the old standards. The ruling beliefs are the beliefs of those who rule. Let us form a new ruler so that our rules beliefs and needs, as artists, will be addressed

cryptoisreal said...

I meant to say "if" about Skyzoo I think faster than I type and sometimes skip words. "If he spits that NS..."