Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Black Milk - Broken Wax (Instrumentals)

Aight, for those still sleeping, Black Milk is this ill producer/rapper outta Detroit. He's half of BR Gunna, who did most of the post-Dilla Slum Village tracks. And while a bit much, the Dilla comparisons are not unwarranted.

Today, his debut album Popular Demand leaked on the net (it's dope, buy it), along with a bonus instrumentals disc. There were some tracks with rapping on them, so I took them off.

1. Broken Wax (Instrumental) (1:07)
2. Pressure (Instrumental) (2:44)
3. U's A Freak Bitch (Instrumental) (2:57)
4. Danger (Instrumental) (3:35)
5. Sound Of The City (Instrumental) (3:41)
6. Outro (Instrumental) (1:16)

[link removed at label's request]

4 comments:

Archive. said...

Thanks a lot for the Black Milk Instrumentals. He is one of my favorite beat makers in hip-hop.

First of all, I think the Strictly Beats blog is the best blog on the internet. However, I don't think that the "tracks with rapping" should be available in this blog. If people like the instrumentals and want to hear the tracks with rapping, then they should support the artist by buying the cd.

Not trying to preach here. It's just that Black Milk is really just getting started in his career as a solo artist. Besides that, he seems to be a really cool person: He posts free tracks and instrumentals on his MySpace page all of the time. He added the Broken Wax Instrumentals on a free bonus cd with every purchase of his debut LP, Popular Demand (comes out March 13th). He even responds to people when they send him MySpace messages. Bottom line though is that Black Milk is far from rich and every purchase helps him to keep doing the music that we like to hear from him.

Finally, the name of the blog is "Strictly Beats". These "tracks with rapping" seem to contradict the original intent and purpose of the blog. If you keep adding these "tracks with rapping", you may have to change the name of the blog to something like "Mostly Beats". :-)

Anyway, keep up the good work on this blog and thanks for all of the dope instrumentals that everyone has posted here.

Unknown said...

This is a hot site.
Thanks for all your work.

I already added you guys to my blogroll.
http://www.bronxriverparkway.com/cratediggers

peace.

i dunno said...

micheal, good to see you're a fan too.

Like I said, the bonus CD had rapping on it, but I didn't notice. I just didn't want the link to go to waste tll I got the instros up. I guess I can take it down now.

As far a supporting goes, I agree. I have no problem buying dope music, so I've already pre-ordered. I also put a link to order from Fat Beats for others to do the same.

Robert said...

Michael,
Black Milk and Fat Beats are cool with the leak.I dl from their site.
They know that more peeps will buy it if they listen to it and it builds a huge buzz