Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Lord Finesse!

So in honor of Strictly Beats' one year anniversary, I've decided to do a post about one of my favorite producers, Lord Finesse. This guy is well known as being one of the golden age producers, along with Buckwild, Diamond D, DJ Premier, Showbiz, Pete Rock, K-Def, Large Professor, Marley Marl, Da Beatminerz, Easy Mo Bee, and so forth. If you haven't heard this guy, don't sleep on this. I would say this guy is as good, if not better than Buckwild or Easy Mo Bee. Anyways, there are 39 instrumentals for you to kick back and blaze to. Peace. And enjoy.

I thought it was appropriate to add this on since Nawl did one of these. First off, I'd like to thank all of the bloggers because we've built a blog with a completely unorganized fashion. I think one of the tools I use most often is the search box, to see whether what I wanna post has been posted yet. But anyways, thanks to Nawl, first off. This dude should really be thanked for opening my musical tastes up, and yours. He's the master of finding the good free instrumental stuff, but he also has a knack for good music in general, such as his memorable Molemen posts, his Hydrabeats and Golden Era posts, and his other random indie instrumentalists. He adds an indie abstract touch to this blog. Andrew opened my eyes up to music that I perceive as flawless. He is constantly making me question the albums that I perceive as classic. He's got me wondering if Lauryn Hill's "classic" is just an average album. His ability to question classics makes me believe that I might have missed something that he saw. Espiv is a friend, and is always reliable when it comes to posting instrumentals that emcees can benefit from (i.e. freestyle to). He adds more to the great chemistry. Rob Steady, 9@Home, Mass Incorporated (where's he been?), Dun, Swann, and Andy don't stop by that much, but when they do it's always cool to chat with 'em. But most importantly, I'd like to thank DJ Espionage for allowing me to contribute to this blog. Honestly, it has been a real pleasure to get to know some of you and expand my music collection. A few that deserve mention are Soul Guru, Repenteths, Albinored, 4Real, Skopos, and many more whom I'm sure I forgot. Pretty much anyone who hits up the CBox just to chat. It's nice to build with people about this music. To another year!

Part 1, Part 2

Instrumentals are taken from the following:
2001 Instrumentals
22 Years/Beyond Understanding 12"
Check Tha Flavor 12"
Check the Method 12"
Do That 12"
Down for the Underground (Remix) 12"
Gameplan/Actual Facts 12"
Hip 2 Da Game/No Gimmicks 12"
Money Talks/Make Some Noise 12"
MVP 12"
Real Talk 12"
Return of the Funkyman (Remix) 12"
S.K.I.T.S. (Shorties Kaught in the System) 12"
Unreleased Instrumentals
Word...Life Instrumentals
Worldwide Instrumentals

If you have any instrumentals or 12"s that aren't included in this post, please contribute. It would be greatly appreciated.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 1st year!!! No better way to celebrate than with a Lord Finesse post!!! One of the MOST slept on Hip Hop authors ever (on the mic AND on the boards!) The Funk Soul Brother check it out y'all.....thanks for this one.

What It Is said...

I fucking love this dude. ThanksPace.

Andyman187 said...

Got Em All...He needs to hurry the fuck up and release another LP. It's Only been 12 goin on 13 years...

lskdngf said...

yo thx a lot!

hiphopfanatik said...

As expected Here it is - Real Talk 12" (Missing the b-side, "Something in the Way") >> main + instru

http://hiphopfanatik.blogspot.com/2007_04_01_archive.html


A1 Real Talk feat Grand Puba (Main Version)
A2 Real Talk (Instrumental)

B1 Something In The Way feat Thelma Gyton (Main Version)
B2 Something In The Way (Instrumental Version)

Peace to SB

Anonymous said...

"9@Home, Mass Incorporated (where's he been?), Dun, Swann, and Andy don't stop by that much..."
Compared to you, Seven, doesn't everybody look like they don't stop by that much? ;) Let's face it: you fuckin live on here. ;)) heh... Happy burfday to us.
Peace.

Anonymous said...

still celebrating the one year...


oh and appreciate the little individual shout piece you had goin' on there bro :)

regenklang said...

happy birthday guys, and congratulations for all the work youve put in thus far.




...andrew be bugging bout The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill though. that LP'll still smoke every R&B/soul LP coming out for breakfast.

sonic truth said...

good look...

love this spot...

thanx for everything...

is the instrumental for "psk (no gimmicks remix)" on this?...

the one from the awakening lp has skips in it...

Planet said...

No Gimmicks remix skips on the LP, really? I never had that problem. Good thing there's a 12" for that remix. Maybe I'll hook it up.

Antonio said...

Thanks for all the Finesse goodness...

Anonymous said...

re-up?

Oskar Enghoff said...

re-up PLEASE!!

muebles madrid said...

This cannot have effect in actual fact, that's what I consider.