Monday, December 17, 2007

Four Tet - Pause (2001)

















1. Glue of the World
2. Twenty Three
3. Harmony One
4. Parks
5. Leila Came Round and We Watched a Video
6. Untangle
7. Everything is Alright
8. No More Mosquitoes
9. Tangle
10. You Could Ruin My Day
11. Hilarious Movie of the 90s

DJ Espionage was commenting about how he likes Four Tet's "Pause" better than "Rounds". After giving it another listen, I'm slowly starting to kind of understand what he meant. This record is a gem, if not a classic. Four Tet's arrangements are nice as always; his notes always seem sporadic, but always appropriate. The amount of things going on in each track will have your head spinning. Each listen is special because you can tune into a different layer of the album (if you need an example, listen to "Twenty Three" and you'll see what I mean), and get a completely different listen each time. If you're high, this record is even more incredible because everything comes together, to create a rather mind-boggling experience. Either way, enough of my rambling. Download this album. It's more than worth a listen.

COMMENT.

5 comments:

Nacho Platero said...

Thanks a lot for discovering me Four Tet. I can't stop listening to this guy!
Greetings from Spain

npkrxxx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
npkrxxx said...

http://www.zshare.net/download/572025465e5836/
That blog's great here's something from me as I'm not pretty much into blogging and didnt know how exactly to contribute or directly contact any of you guys let me put that link just here. contact me on zoliborz-bielany@o2.pl or just gimme some instructions on how to post links or where to send them. The guy i've given you link to is a polish producer, from time to time cooperating with polish MC's. He has released 2xEP and one single "Vision". Worth checking out - for me its just brillant.

EricSepulveda said...

Thanks. Another one to add to the "Listen and Sort" folder. You know?

djespionage said...

"No More Mosquitoes" is one of the 'obvious' cuts on this record, but this is close to a perfect anthem in my opinion...that shit cuts across race, social class, religion, gender, whatever...EVERYONE hates fuckin' mosquitoes. Lift your fist and chant...