Monday, August 30, 2010

Vocal Beater Mobile App



My homie Mike Gao's been developing a project for quite some time now called Vocalbeater, he recently had it released through Itunes, and the buzz it's getting is almost overwhelming.

Vocal Beater allows one to make beats at or away from home by beat
boxing with your mouth. You can then send it via email and have it waiting for you in your email inbox. Turn your beatbox into a VELOCITY SENSITIVE MIDI FILE!!!!!

You can edit what
each drum hit is as well, and train the app with your own individual beatbox sounds.

Watch the video below for more info.

Mike Gao - Fullspeed ( Full Track Used In Movie )

To purchase Vocalbeater click here:

PLUS It's only 2.99 - Can't beat that, make your live show even liver!

Also just so yall know, i've been working on a project called GorillaMic (on the side of FreestyleMadness, StrictlyBeats, & my music) -

So if you've submitted music to me and haven't seen it posted, don't worry - I have received it, chances are because im so busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off right now, it'll be a week or three til I can up some of the stuff. (note: I listen to things completely before I post them here.)

In the meantime, we've put together this instrumental compilation featuring some of the dopest instrumental-hiphop from some of the most skilled heads in the production game. I respect and appreciate these guys creative contributions and limit-pushing, bar-raising standards. This comp from start to finish is a guaranteed 2hour eargasm. (Next volume, hopefully we can feature other cats whom I also feel are pushing the limit ex; elaquent, aspect1, thavius beck, j. bizzness, 2hungrybrothers, animoss, exile, dibiase, k-the-i and countless others)

**FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS POSTING ON OTHER BLOGS**


featuring: Mike Gao, Stoupe, Glen Porter, Dutch, Blockhead, Bonobo, The Avalanches, Glue, Quantic, Maker, MeatyOgre, Daddy Kev, Sixtoo, Dan The Automator, 12bit, SuffDaddy, DJ D-Styles, Cold Legistics, Kankick, Strad, Shitao, Son Of A Bricklayer, Mayer Hawthorne, Portishead, DJ Muggs, Dust, DJ Babu, DJ Rhettmatic, and a few others.

Google any of the names mentioned above to show support and purchase their projects in circulation. The only way we can continue to elevate and have increasingly better music released is if the mediums inwhich they come out on have some foundation. . . These guys don't eat ramen noodles for a year while they make an album to drop it and feel like they wasted a year.

-Espiv

9 comments:

Mike Gao said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric Spivak said...

The tracks name is actually Fullspeed, but predictive text, fucked up the original msg.

Anonymous said...

vocalbeater, eeeeeh....I mean, is this how producers are really making beats? By beatboxing? How many producers can beatbox....?

It is a cool idea though. Just wondering how useful this will actually be for producers....

Anonymous said...

^- I dont think its too bad. Not everyone can beat box 'good' but any real producer can lay down a pattern with his mouth.. no homo. I mean it's good for remembering drum patterns and stuff and seems a lot more easier in translating something you heard into a beat.

Anonymous said...

i've always refuse to buy an app, but this one is the a real tool for me...as i always recording myself allday in my iphone for not forgetting ideas (beats, melodies) while i'm out, than trying to remake them on my mpc and my keys, this app gonna help me to save time if i can midi file all that...gonna try it real soon...
kAko pHonie from Guadeloupe F.W.I

Anonymous said...

I bought the app based on Espiv's rec and I must say im very impressed. Its fun and user friendly. Now if only I could find a dope beatboxer to link up with and REALLY make some ill production.

Anonymous said...

thanks alot for the mix compilation smooth vol.1 some good tracks and artists i had never heard before. track by the avalanches is BIG. ones thing tho, the maker tune is actually called "no joke" not fear as a weapon. PEACE

Walter Conkrete said...

Anybody tried this app with a real drum set instead of mouth sounds? Curious to see/hear an example. If it works for that it replaces a few hundred bucks worth of hardware in my studio upgrade budget.

www.natalia.biz said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of useful information in this post!