Saturday, March 20, 2010

RIP Nujabes


So, we have lost a truly unique individual in the instrumental music community. Jun Seba AKA Nujabes was one of the first instrumental artists I heard that gave me no idea on how to classify his music. Hip-Hop? Orchestral? Ambient? Chill? All Of The Above? Haha, he touched on all those thing's. As far as I can tell, it seems like he pretty much set the stage for a long line of asian producer's that followed in his style: Nomak, Uyama Hiroto, Woodblue, Blazo, etc... Way back when, DJ Krush was honestly the only asian producer that I knew about, then I learned about Nujabes, and the rest of the asian roster followed. Honestly, some of my favorite tracks EVER were produced by the man, and his music continues to take me places calm & far away even after multiple listens. He is a master at summoning emotions within his music, almost every track of his paints a clear picture of something in my mind... & This little compilation of 10 Tracks are some of my personal favorites. They paint clear pictures & summon just the right emotions. I hope you enjoy this quick mix, take a moment to listen & imagine the place's Jun was going in his mind when he produced these tracks, & when you see him there, pay due to one of the greatest instrumental producer's ever.

Peace Jun, you will be missed... RIP Nujabes.

Nujabes - 10 Favorites
Nujabes - 10 Favorites << Alt Mediafire Link

1. Voice Of Autumn << This track just sounds like Life. Memories flowing In & Out with the Piano chords.

2. Counting Stars << I see myself counting stars from a beach somewhere.

3. Tsurugi No Mai << This is good wake up & start the day music here. Look outside, sun is shining.

4. Winter Lane (Nujabes Remix) << A car journey down a snowy tree-filled path is what I see when I hear this.

5. Silver Morning << Also another great day-starter. Wait for the Bass to hit, and you know it's time to get outside.

6. After Hanabi (Listen To My Beat) << One of my FAVORITE tracks ever. This is pure Summer, 4th of July nights. Passion.

7. Beat Laments The World << I once told myself that this was the Best beat ever, of all time thus far. 4 Real. PURE HEAT HERE.

8. Blessing It (Nujabes Remix) << With Vocals, had to pay due to the connection made between Fat Jon, FiveDeez & Nujabes.

9. Latitude (Nujabes Remix) << Another epic FiveDeez flip from Jun. I prefer both these remixes to the originals.

10. Mist << This track is great, feel's like I'm on a journey with Samurai Jack in the forest somewhere. & Like the Mist, so is Jun...

PEACE & RIP TO NUJABES!!!

A Funny Pic:

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn man another one dies... we still got fat jon but *smh* lot uh niggas dieing these days

Anonymous said...

Been a couple of days, but I keep waiting for someone to call b/s--chalk it up to an internet rumor, or something. Funny the kind of effect music can have on people. Not really sure what I'm trying to say, but, Nawledge, I appreciate the retrospective and words.

Respect,

Z

Anonymous said...

nice post nawledge. rip nujabes. some of my favorite beats ever as well. he was a great musician.

Unknown said...

RIP Nujabes

tonight at noon said...

word... you picked some of my favorites from him. an all time legend, no doubt. very cool of you to acknowledge him ...

Tito said...

Ahh shit man.


This dude was like my hero. I always wanted to record a track produced by him. Damn..

I was juss talkin bout this man yesterday. R.i.p ma dude.

ayume said...

Such a dope producer. Gonna be missed.
RIP

i dunno said...

R.I.P.

I still remember watching Samurai Champloo and thinking "this intro beat is damn nice." After grabbing the soundtracks, I noticed there were a few tracks featured in the anime not on the OSTs and that lead to learning more about the man's work.

Those looking for more can peep my old compilation, but I'd recommend getting his albums in full.

Anonymous said...

It sucks when you have to find out about such amazing sounds and people out of tragedy. Thank you for turning me on to his beats, amazing stuff. rest assured he is layin down the freshest trax for the gods above...

Unknown said...

Wow I just heard the news RIP he is a great artist and made awesome production with his soul.

Omar said...

One of my all time favourite producers, his musical contributions will def be missed. RIP...

Rhyming Gaijin said...

whats up this is Mashu B aka RhymingGaijin and I just want to show your page some love. I alot my people been telling me about Nujabes and Im researching him now , Im glad come across your page

respect

RG

yatesspain.blogspot.com said...

It won't work in reality, that's exactly what I consider.

Ownah said...

Listen to Augustus Pablo.