Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bonobo - "Dial 'M' for Monkey" (2003)



Bonobo "Dial M for Monkey"
(192 kb/s)

1 Noctuary
2 Flutter
3 D Song
4 Change Down
5 Wayward Bob
6 Pick Up
7 Something For Windy
8 Nothing Owed
9 Light Pattern


We should probably avoid a torrent of Ninja Tune posts, but this record is an obvious choice if you dig the dark, chill downtempo. There's an argument about how "innovative" producers that stick to this sound are, but some of us obviously fiend for it, and I'd put Bonobo up as one of the most consistent in the genre (and closer to the hip-hop side than the postrock side of downtempo), but far less experimental than Four Tet (which isn't always bad, IMHO).

2 comments:

Seven Leaf said...

Thanks for this. Someone in the cbox mentioned Bonobo recently and I was thinking about how I need to check him out. I'm looking forward to listening to this. Thanks again!

www.vizcaya-3d.com said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of useful information in this post!